Thursday 4 March 2010

Everybody Wants To Rule the World
by Tears For Fears
"Welcome to your life,
There's no turning back
"

Okay, I have posted this one again but I went back and found the last one and it wasn't really up to scratch. In no way did it capture quite how much this song rocks my socks. Yep, I totally just used that phrase.

"Help me make the most of freedom
And of pleasure,
Nothing ever lasts forever"

This song is perfection. It has actually FORCED me to quote a lot more lyrics than usual because there are so many sharp little lines in there. I love that Tears For Fears manage to do this thing time and time again where they have fairly bleak and heavy lyrics spread over the top of a really rich and beautiful musical background. Nomnomnomnom. That's my thought on the matter.

"There's a room where the light won't find you
Holding hands while the walls come tumbling down
When they do, I'll be right behind you"

But gee. The intro to this song... I listen to it time and time again and it never loses it's emotional power over me. It's so full of energy, of passion and suspense. I simply adore it. I can listen to this song on repeat for a very long time and have done many a time... and I think that either marks the level of quality in this song or the level of insanity I am facing, haha.

"I can't stand this indecision
Married with a lack of vision"

I am actually listening to it on repeat RIGHT NOW.

Listen to it here!
And enjoy :)