Sunday 18 October 2009

Fit
by Windmill
"Please pull your weight
And wait for me to
Fit in"

Mm, these posts are becoming mainly about songs that I have emotional connections with. This one takes me back to Christmas. I was going through one of the bleakest periods of my life and I was having quite severe episodes on a regular basis. I got into Windmill's album Puddle City Racing Lights at the time and it was fairly comforting.

Dillon's vocals are easily the most distinctive thing about his music. They take a bit of getting used to but I don't remember it taking me that long before I was totally infatuated with it. It's bizarrely beautiful and just adds to the incredible range of sounds.

The instrumentation on the album is spectacular and puts me in mind of Pure Reason Revolution and Sigur Ros. I can only describe the instrumentation as being overwhelming.

It just seems to be an awful shame that when I listen to this now, a lot of sadness is brought back.